Sunday, December 6, 2015

Late Afternoon Photo Shoot

I tried something new this weekend to practice my action shots in the late afternoon.  I went to my favorite place the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch in Gilbert, AZ.  It was a spur of the moment thought when getting home from work on Friday.

Friday was an overcast day perfect for taking photos.  I arrived at the preserve around 4:00 p.m. so I didn't have much time before the sun was setting.  I learned a lot that day on how difficult it is to take action shots in low light and without a tripod.  I will definitely be going back for another late afternoon photo shoot to practice some more.

Below are photos that some what turned out; enjoy.

Baird's Sandpiper

Canada Goose

Cooper's Hawk

Canada Geese

Belted Kingfisher

Neotropic Cormorant

Snowy Egret

Sora

No comments:

Post a Comment