Sunday, November 1, 2015

Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch in Gilbert, AZ

Had the most wonderful morning today. I hit the road at 6:00 am to go take photos at the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch in Gilbert.

It's been several weeks since I'd been out there hoping to see some new birds this time and I certainly did. There were birds I've never seen before!!!  The new birds were the American Wigeon, Long-billed Dowicher, Verdin, Baird's Sandpiper and a Killdeer.

The ponds had more water in them since I'd been there last and to watch all the Canadian Geese fly this morning was so exciting. Their honking could be heard all over the preserve.

There was so much activity this morning there were times I just sat back and watched in amazement.

Enjoy the photos and have a great week...



Top 3 photos are Canadian Geese

Great Blue Heron

 
Top 2 photos are Green Herons

Long-billed Dowitcher

Neotropic Cormorant

American Wigeon

Killdeer

Baird's Sandpiper

Snowy Egret

Black-necked Stilt

Gila Woodpecker

Verdin

No comments:

Post a Comment