Monday, November 30, 2015

What a Week!!!!

This week has been super exciting.  I have been submitting a photo every day to the Arizona Highways Magazine in hopes that one would be featured as one of their "Photos of the Day".  It finally happened, one of my photos that I submitted in October was the Photo of the Day for November 28, 2015!!!  Here's the link to the Photos of the Day Archives, http://www.arizonahighways.com/photography/photo-archive.

The photo is one I took at my first Pow Wow I went to thanks to my friend Linda.  She called me one Saturday morning and asked me if I'd like to go to the Pow Wow in Mesa and take some great photos.  Who knew at that time if would turn out to be a great photo opportunity.  Another photo I took that weekend was featured on Arizona Highways Facebook page.  The them was "red" and I submitted one of the dancers from the Pow Wow in a red costume.

Than I receive an email Sunday night that my Snowy Egret photo that I submitted to BirdWatching Magazine website is selected for Photo of the Week!!!  Here's the link to the my Snowy Egret photo, http://www.birdwatchingdaily.com/blog/2015/11/30/photo-of-the-week-snowy-egret/.

I'm on Cloud Nine, this is so exciting to have photos featured on well known magazine websites so early in my photography career.  I've only been taking photos since January 2015 and I still have so much to learn.  I can't wait to see what happens next.

Here are the photos that have been featured.


Photo of the Day
 
Arizona Highways Facebook Page - theme Red

Snowy Egret - BirdWatching Website

No comments:

Post a Comment